Saturday, August 25, 2007

Lock n' Chase lives (sorta)

Okay, so took me 6 days to find the 5-10 minutes it took me to swap the k46xx's daughter cards and play a little Lock n' Chase technician.

End results? I got the Daughter cards in, and I have playable video! Plus, I used my new High Voltage Probe to safely discharge when I was done. Those things kick the heck out of the "big screw driver and a hanger" method.
  1. Dim screen (more burn in than color with the lights on)
  2. No green (actually, the burn in isn't too bad with the lights off)?
  3. Disturbing sound. (This is video... just look and listen... The sound comes on like that when I plug it in... Originally, after getting in the basement, it played blink with proper sound. All I've done is recheck the video, and scoot the whole thing back and forth 1 foot)




So, guru's, what's the story. Can I...
  1. Cap kit it and get playable video? (The burnout doesn't bug me, but I need green for the high score list...Will a cap kit get my green back? Should I try the "swap the red and green wires and see if it's the board or the monitor" trick?)
  2. Troubleshoot the audio? No way it's related to the video, right? So, maybe it's an easy fix since it was working after I moved it down the stairs?
TIA.

No comments:

Triple boot iMac with Snow Leopard, El Capitan, and Batocera... Notes, Tips, Tricks, and Hints

Well, well, well.   I think I got it?  Use my notes at your own risk.  BACK UP BEFORE PARITIONING AND ERASE HD DATA! Here's the basics f...