Saturday, August 25, 2007

Family night in the basement.

Cool, only took 6 days this time to get back to the basement.

After a few crazy days of Parent's as Teachers meetings, errands, going to Seattle, recovering from Seattle, going out swimming, frozen banana pops, etc. ... well, it was time to have some family fun.

Jenny actually decided to pop some popcorn, cue up the Tivo, and come down and visit the basement with me and the kidlets. That meant I had a little time to work on the Lock N' Chase (see next blog).

Here's her and my daughter playing my Top Score pinball.


That's the Konami Jail Break cabinet in purple behind them. The circuit boards (PCB's) and Priority Mail boxes you see stacked everywhere, from left to right, are
  • a Konami-JAMMA adapter,
  • a Yie Ar Kung Fu, Scamble,
  • a Time Pilot '84,
  • a Combatribes (JAMMA), and
  • an Amidar.
Note to self: I really need to figure out a storage method for my boards.

Of course, I almost got to play a complete game on everything!
  • On my half-MAME'd system, I got in 1 man of Wizard of Wor in before my daughter wanted to play hide and seek.
  • On my Green Beret (Rush N' Attack), I got my son to play a little, and then got 2 men in for myself, before he ran to where I haven't baby proofed.
  • On my Jail Break, I got half a man before my daughter said she wanted to play pinball with me.
  • On the Top Score (see above), I got 2 balls in against my daughter (she was winning), before Mom decided she wanted to play.
...and that's when my son wanted to watch pinball, and I found out he had a poopy diaper. Since it was his bedtime, I snapped the shot above, and took him for a fresh diaper and to read him his night book (Duck on Holiday).


*ah*, such is the life of the Cheap Daddy Arcade Blogger.

No comments:

Triple boot iMac with Snow Leopard, El Capitan, and Batocera... Notes, Tips, Tricks, and Hints

Well, well, well.   I think I got it?  Use my notes at your own risk.  BACK UP BEFORE PARITIONING AND ERASE HD DATA! Here's the basics f...